Friday, October 25, 2013

So...what did I buy? Dreadnought confusion...

So...earlier this week I picked up a couple of 40k pieces from eBay at a great price....namely two dreadnoughts.  I was only really interested in one of them but now I'm intrigued by the other.  Here they both are...


Quite a difference in style!

The rogue trader one on the left is the one I was really after.  I just really dig this guy and have for many a year...every time I look at this guy...


...I think of this wonderful diorama from back in the day (the dread's down at the bottom).


The other dreadnought is obviously of a much newer vintage...but my knowledge of such things is quite limited...


...so what is this "goat skull" headed, Edward scissor hand having, walking shoebox of a dreadnought??  When was it produced?   It is quite a chunk of metal that's for sure!  I imagine I'll be passing him along...so is he worth much?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated...

Cheers!

Blue

**UPDATE!**

After reading the first comment I took a closer look at this dreads left arm and it has clearly been reshaped and filed down... Thanks for the tip Liam!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like Bjorn the Fell handed, a Space Wolf dreadnought circa 2nd Ed 40k. The 'goat skull' is extra, and it does appear that the upper lightning claw arm is different (should be a wolf pelt on there).

    No idea what its worth though. Nice finds either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup its Bjorn the ''Fell Over'' lol. Still in production but alas in Failcast http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1460209a

    ReplyDelete